Our engineers have diverse backgrounds, with varied experiences. We're looking for engineers with an ability to connect with people, and a willingness to get stuck in. There's no such thing as a typical engineer.
Don't be put off from applying because you haven't done something similar before - we have the best training in the business to equip you with the new skills you need. If you're the type of person who likes fixing problems and is passionate about customer service, then we want you to apply. We're ready to provide you with a world class training experience. You just need to be customer focused, and be willing to get stuck in.
Our apprenticeships are designed so they offer a structured programme that develops the skills that you need to excel. This programme lasts 18 months. Along the way there are targets and checks to make sure you are supported and are making progress.
We're looking for people who are:
- Able to make a connection with our customers in their workplaces and homes.
- Happy working outdoors. Whether it's glorious sunshine or bracing the NI weather, our engineers are out connecting people.
- Open to new technology. Nothing too scary and we will always support you, but you need to be comfortable using smart devices and ready to learn as new tools emerge.
- Ready to give your best. The sort of person who always sees a job through and takes pride in doing it properly.
- Physically fit. You don't need to be a marathon runner, but will need to be fit enough to safely climb a telephone pole and carry a ladder.
- Prepared to roll up your sleeves. Working in the great outdoors on our network means getting your hands dirty from time to time.