We’ll explore what you can do, what you’re passionate about doing, and your long-term potential. You’ll also get a better idea of what life is like with us. You’ll meet some of our managers and current graduates - you’ll find out we’re all really friendly! By the end of the process we should both be able to decide whether we’re right for each other.
Here are some of our top tips for doing well on the day:
- Assessment structure: You can expect to take part in a group exercise, an interview, and presentation which we’ll use to assess specific strengths.
- How to prepare: It’s really important to take some time to prepare for your Assessment Centre. Make sure you research about BT, the role you've applied for, and are clear about your motivations for wanting to work here. Refresh your memory of your previous work experience and get someone to do some interview practice with you so that you’re confident and ready to tell us all about yourself.
- Do your research: Check out our website one last time and make sure you know what it is about BT that makes you want to join us.
- Relax: Try and do whatever you can to combat your nerves. We want to see the real you, and when you’re nervous we know how difficult it is to really shine.
- Plan ahead to be at your best: Get plenty of sleep the night before and make sure you set your alarm to give you plenty of time to travel to the Assessment Centre.
- Get stuck in: If you throw yourself into the tasks and have a chat with the other candidates you’ll find yourself relaxing more and showing the real you. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again - we want to see your personality!
- Don’t overanalyse: Don’t panic if you think you’ve made a mistake. No-one’s perfect and that’s not what we’re expecting - so don’t let it throw you off for the rest of the day.
- Next steps: We'll contact you a few days after your assessment to tell you whether or not you’ll be offered a role.