We had a chat with Shalom to find out she's enjoying her grad scheme and what were the reasons that she chose BT to kickstart her career.
1. What did you want to do when you’re 5 years old?
When I was five years old, I wanted to be a writer/ TV host.
2. What did you study at university and how did you get into commercial management?
I studied international business and management at university. During my final year, I was looking for a job that would allow me to put my degree into practice.
3. What is the best thing about working in commercial management?
So far, the rotations and the people I work with and for.
4. Why did you choose BT to kickstart your career?
The main thing about BT that attracted me was the brand and it’s resources. I knew that it would aid in my development the most.
5. What are the big benefits of doing a graduate scheme at BT?
You get to try new things and figure it out as you go. We’re made to make decisions at such an early age and with the graduate scheme, you have the opportunity to either solidify your decision or make changes without any consequences.
6. As a grad in commercial management, to what position you can aim/progress?
I feel that this is up to the person and the responsibilities they can handle.