NEW TERMS & CONDITIONS FROM 1 JUNE 2022
We’re Updating Your Terms & Conditions
With effect from 1 June 2022, we’re updating the standard terms and conditions which apply to all BT products, including BT TV & Sport, due to new Ofcom regulations designed to improve your rights where we make changes to your service.
We’ve summarised the key changes on this page, but you can find a full copy of the new terms and conditions using the appropriate link(s) below:
BT Home Phone & Broadband terms
· For all customers whose contracts started on or after 1st Sept 2020 and anyone whose contract started before 1st Sept 2020 and will end on or before 31st March 2022 (download PDF)
· For all customers whose contracts started before 1st Sept 2020 and will end after 31st March 2022 (download PDF)
BT Mobile terms for all customers with effect from 1st June 2022 (download PDF)
BT TV terms for all customers with effect from 1st June 2022 (download PDF)
The changes mean that:
· There may be more chances to cancel your plan where we make changes to it. From 1 June, if we make any changes to your terms and conditions or your core charges that are not to your benefit you will have the right to leave early with no charge to you. Other changes will give you the right to leave early if you’re significantly disadvantaged, as today;
· In some situations where we make changes to your terms and conditions, you may be able to leave other plans you have with us, and we will tell you when that happens;
· For mobile plans we can increase the cost of roaming calls (calls made while you’re outside the UK) because our roaming partners increase the costs. If we do you will have the right to leave your BT plan if you are materially worse off;
· For all plans we can also increase the cost of international calls and text (calls made while you’re in the UK) because of increases in wholesale costs. If we do you will have the right to leave your BT plan if you are materially worse off;
· It’s clearer that there is a separate set of terms and conditions for each product you have with us;
· For BT customers whose contracts started before 1st September 2020 and whose minimum terms end after 31st March 2022. There are a couple of extra changes to your terms. We’ve referred to the fact we comply with any voluntary Ofcom codes we’re signed up to. And we’ve added a bit of detail about how data from your allowance is used up to help you better understand where your allowance goes; and
· We’ll continue to notify you of any contractual changes and your rights with a minimum of 30 days’ notice.
If you have any questions about these changes, please refer to the FAQs below.