Want to get the most out of your phone?
You can get user manuals, plus troubleshooting tips and helpdesk information, for all phones and telephone equipment sold by BT.
Need help with Calling Features?
Our user guides show you what to do.
- BT Call Protect User Guide (PDF doc, 307KB)
- Voicemail service user guide (PDF doc, 340KB)
- BT Call Protect for Digital Voice user guide (PDF doc, 109KB)
You will need Adobe Reader to view PDF documents.
Our main user guide covers the following Calling Features:
- Call Diversion: divert your calls to another number
- Call Waiting: tells you when other callers are trying to get through
- Internet Call Waiting: notified you of incoming calls when you are on the internet
- Ring Back: calls to let you know when an engaged number becomes free
- 1471: tells you the last number that called
- Call Barring: lets you control the calls that can be called from your phone
- Anonymous Call Rejection: you can stop calls from people who have withheld their number
- Choose to Refuse: lets you choose who gets through
- Caller Display: lets you see who's calling
- Call Sign: know who the call is for before you answer
- Caller Redirect: redirects calls to your new number when you move
- Three Way Calling: quick and easy conference calling
- Reminder Call: an alarm clock on your phone
- BT Text: allows you to send and receive text (SMS) messages to and from other fixed lines, and mobile telephones
- 1571 Text Alert: allows you to link any UK mobile to your BT Answer 1571 or Call Minder service
There is also a separate guide for Call Minder.