Most repairs can be done outside your home, and are going ahead as normal. Repairs where the engineer enters your home will now only happen if you lose all service.
Installation and engineer visits might be cancelled or delayed if an engineer needs to enter your home for an extended period of time.
There are no delays to the delivery of equipment like Smart Hubs and TV Boxes.
Engineer visits: status updates
Connections and installations
Most of our packages can be installed without an engineer coming into your home. If you do need an engineer visit, we'll let you know before you order. Then we'll offer you the earliest available date for the visit. Due to coronavirus restrictions, the wait may be slightly longer than usual.
In some circumstances an engineer appointment will happen as usual, for reasons including:
- you've been identified by the government as high risk from Covid-19
- they won’t need to spend a long time in your home, for example to install a socket
- you have total loss of service
If you're having Ultrafast installed, which means an engineer being inside your home for an extended period of time, your appointment will probably be scheduled for a date after 1 March 2021.
If we need to change the date of an appointment we've already made, or cancel it, we'll contact you.
Home Tech Experts
Our Home Tech Experts are here to make sure your broadband and TV are perfectly set up for your specific needs. They're flexible around your schedule with 2 hour appointment slots, 7 days a week. You can choose to have our expert come into your home or have a socially-distanced visit. In that case, we'll drop any kit off on your doorstep and chat through everything you need to know by phone or video call.
You'll get a call before the Home Tech Expert visit so you're ready for us, and you can decide then whether to have an in-person or contactless visit.
You may have to wait longer than usual for an appointment as many customers are waiting for their installation.
Most repairs happen outside properties and can take place as normal. An engineer will only enter your home if you have a total loss of service.
Booking an engineer appointment if you're high-risk from Covid-19
Please call us on 0800 800 150 to discuss any appointments or installations you need.
This number is for our most vulnerable customers - please only call if you have a letter from the government saying you are high-risk.
How to prepare for an engineer visit inside your home
If an engineer needs to enter your home please:
- clear a path to the main telephone socket, if you have one
- wipe down any surfaces around the telephone socket that the engineer may come into contact with
- open any windows or doors where the engineer will be working
- keep two metres away from the engineer to maintain social distancing, and move to a different room if possible
The engineer will:
- contact you to check your circumstances and whether they still need to enter your home
- follow government guidelines and wear protective equipment, for example a mask and/or gloves
- wipe down any surface they have touched