If the usage allowance of your current broadband package isn't enough, you should change to an option with a higher allowance.
As a result of coronavirus we removed caps on all of our broadband packages so every customer has unlimited data. This will apply from February 2020.
All customers who currently have limited broadband packages will automatically get unlimited data. This is a permanent change, BT will no longer have limited broadband packages.
There will be no changes to the way your product looks on your bill. You will just no longer incur charges if you go over your data limit.
You don't need to do anytihng, unlimited data will be applied automatically, so there is no need to call us.
Why is my usage higher than I expected?
- Additional devices - if you've got more than one computer at home, or devices such as games consoles or mobile phones that use wi-fi
- Viruses - without you knowing, viruses on your computer can access your internet connection in the background. So it's important that you've got an up-to-date virus checker installed
- Insecure wi-fi - make sure your wi-fi security is switched on to prevent other people using your broadband. See www.btcom.ll-digital-sandbx1.bt.com/help/hub for help with Hub security
- Peer to peer (P2P) uploads - as the usage allowance includes both uploads and downloads, any peer to peer file requests will contribute to your total usage level. If this becomes a problem you can adjust the setting on your P2P software or remove it completely.
- Background activity - certain software may access the internet directly from your computer to install updates