If you get either of these errors, you can use our email troubleshooting wizard to try and fix the problems:
Use our email troubleshooting wizard
You can also use the below steps to try and fix the problem yourself:
- First check that the problem is not a temporary fault affecting the BT email service:
Check online for known email problems
Call our service status line on Freephone 0800 169 0199 to check for known email problems
- If there are no reported problems you'll need to check that your email settings are correct. Use the link below to check you're using the right settings:
What are the BT Yahoo! Mail settings for outgoing and incoming mail servers?
- If your email settings are correct, you should check the settings of any anti-virus or firewall software on your computer.
You need to make sure you anti-virus/firewall software is set to allow access to the following files:
- For Outlook Express - Msimn.exe
- For Outlook - Outlook.exe
If you still have the problem, you should contact the supplier of your anti-virus/firewall software for more help