Once you've set up your BT ID, you can add any other @btinternet or @btopenworld email addresses to it.
Once you've set up your BT ID, you can add any of your other @btinternet or @btopenworld email addresses to it.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to My BT with your BT ID
- Click Your Package and then Inclusive extras
- Next click on the BT Email icon under Your smarter broadband extras
- And then on Manage BT Email
- If you're the primary BT ID account holder, then you should see all your sub-accounts. You can add those you're actively using to your BT ID. Just type in your password
If you're not the primary account holder, you'll be able to add any other emails you use by providing the email address and password
- Once you've added your sub-accounts, if you log in to webmail with your BT ID, you'll be able to use the drop-down menu in the top right to swap between them. This is handy if you regularly use a number of alternate email addresses as you only need to log in with one set of credentials to see them all
Remember, to set up your device or email program to send and receive emails for a sub-account, you'll need to use the individual email address of that sub-account and its associated password. (Don't use your BT ID.)
If you forget the password for a sub-account, use your BT ID to log back in to the BT Email Management page to reset it.
Sub accounts that are used by another family member are called affiliate accounts. To maintain the security of these accounts, please follow the gifting process.