What is Call Diversion?
Call Diversion lets you divert your calls to almost any phone, including your mobile. Call Diversion can also divert calls while your phone line is in use.
To use Call Diversion, you'll need a touch tone phone switched to tone dialling. Most modern phones have this feature.
How much does it cost?
For our latest prices please go to the BT Residential Phone Tariff and type Call Diversion into the search bar.
The cost of the calls
Once you've ordered and activated Call Diversion, you’ll then be charged for the duration of any calls that are diverted, plus the standard call set-up fee. The call diversion cost per minute will be same as if you were making a call from your landline (outside of your calling plans inclusive calls). So the cost of a diversion will depends on:
- The duration of the diverted call
- The type of number you're diverting to. For example, diverting to a mobile number will cost more than a landline
How do I get it?
You can easily add or remove Calling Features online >
How do I use Call Diversion?
First you need to order Call Diversion, it can take up to 24 hours before you can use it.
To divert your calls, follow these instructions on the telephone line you want to divert from:
- To divert all calls dial: *21*(phone number you want to divert to)#
- To divert any calls you don't manage to answer within 15 seconds dial: *61*(phone number you want to divert to)#
- To divert calls when your phone is engaged dial: *67*(phone number you want to divert to)#
An announcement will tell you that you've set it up successfully.
How to check which numbers you're diverting calls to
To check the diverts you've set up on your line, follow these instructions:
- To check the number you've set up for divert all calls: *#21#
- To check the number you've set up for calls you don't manage to answer within 15 seconds: *#61#
- To check the number you've set up when your phone is engaged: *#67#
Switching off Call Diversion
To switch off Call Diversion, follow these instructions:
- To switch off "divert all calls" dial: #21#
- To switch off a diversion you've set up for calls you don't manage to answer within 15 seconds dial: #61#
- To switch off a diversion you've set up when your phone is engaged dial: #67#
Using Call Diversion and Call Barring together
If you've got Call Barring and want to use it with Call Diversion, you must switch Call Diversion on first.
You can download the calling features user guide here.