1. First make sure your Openreach fibre modem is switched on and you have a constant green 'Tel' light
2. Slide back the FIBRE/COPPER cover on the top of your main phone socket to show the small switch. With a pen flick the switch from COPPER to FIBRE
If you haven't got a FIBRE/COPPER switch on your main socket, just plug your home phone straight into the Openreach fibre modem. Your phone needs to go in the Tel port that has the constant green light.
3. Now from your home phone, dial 142599 between 8.30am and 4pm and listen to the message
Your fibre home phone service should now be up and running.
If you don't have a dial tone on your line after following these steps, please check:
- Your phone is plugged into the right port
- Your FIBRE/COPPER switch has been fully moved to the fibre position
If you have any calling features, you'll need to set them up again. If you don't know how to do this, see our calling features user guide.