It’s easy to set up a BT ID if you’re not a BT Mobile account holder. Just get your account holder to follow the steps below, then accept the invite you’re sent.
If you’re the BT Mobile account holder
1. Log in to My BT at www.btcom.ll-digital-sandbx1.bt.com/mybt. Under ‘Your Products’, click Manage. Then under ‘Mobile’, click Manage.
2. In the top-right of the next page, click Personalise SIMs. On the relevant SIM, click Show details, and in the drop-down that appears, click Personalise this SIM.
3. On the next page, click Start personalising, then under the heading ‘Who’s going to be using this SIM?’ select Somebody else. Enter their details (name, email address, etc.), then choose how much control to give them over the SIM.
4. Click the box at the bottom of the page, then click Send an invite. Your nominated SIM user will now receive an invite via email to start managing their SIM.
5. You can repeat the steps above to send out invitations to everyone that has SIMs on your account
If you’re not the BT Mobile account holder, but you need a BT ID
1. Click the Accept SIM invite link within your email invite. On the website that loads, click Create BT ID and then Next to use the same email address as your BT ID login (if you’d rather use a different one, you’ll have to decline the invite and ask the account holder to send another to your preferred email address).
2. Enter your personal details, set a password, and click Next.
3. On the next page, click Log in to see your invite, and enter your email address and password then click Log in.
4. Click Accept, and enter your full phone number to confirm it’s you. You can now sign in and use the My BT app.
Download the My BT app
The My BT app is available on the App Store or Google Play - or you can just text 'MyBT' to 81192 and we'll send you a link to download the app.
Get more info on using the My BT app >