Different countries charge different things for calls, texts and data. These are known as roaming charges. Roam Like Home is available to all BT Mobile customers at no extra cost. It lets you use your minutes, texts and data allowances within our Roam Like Home zones without paying extra roaming charges. Find out more about charges abroad in our price guide at www.btcom.ll-digital-sandbx1.bt.com/tariffguide.
Different countries charge different things for calls, texts and data. These are known as roaming charges.
Find out more about charges abroad >
Roaming in Europe
Roam Like Home is available to all BT Mobile customers at no extra cost.
It lets you to use your minutes, texts and data allowances within our Roam Like Home zones without paying extra roaming charges.
Which countries are included?
You can benefit from Roam Like Home in the following countries:
|Zone 1a||Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal (including Azores and Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Vatican City|
|Zone 1b||Canary Islands, French Guiana, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Martinique, Mayotte, Norway, Reunion, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin, San Marino, Switzerland|
What's included in your bundle?
- Calls and text to the UK (to any UK mobile or standard fixed-line number 01, 02, 03)
- Calls and text within the same Roam Like Home country
- Calls and text to another Roam Like Home country
- Receiving calls when in a Roam Like Home country
- Data usage
- Calls to emergency services (999 or 112)
- Calls to Customer Care 150, 151 and 154
- Calls to numbers starting 0800, 0808 and 0500
From 15 June 2017, if your plan gives you 20GB or more of data each month, a surcharge may be applied if you use more than 15GB, while roaming, in one billing cycle.
What's not included in your bundle?
- Picture messages
- Calls to service numbers (starting 084, 087, 118)
- Calls and text to non-EU countries
- Calls and text to international destinations from the UK
- Broadband Backup free data
What happens if you go over your allowance?
- If a customer goes over their allowance they will be charged the UK out of bundle rates
- They can also buy a UK add-on
|Zone 1a||Zone 1b|
Find out more about Roam Like Home at bt.com/RoamlikeHome >
Keeping a lid on costs
To stop you getting hit with an unexpectedly big bill, we cap the amount of data you can use when abroad to £35. You can change this by going to www.btcom.ll-digital-sandbx1.bt.com/mymobile >
Or you can simply turn off data altogether in the settings section of your phone.
Find out how to turn off data settings >
There are other ways we can help you manage how much you spend on your mobile when you're away.