Like all gadgets, your BT Mobile device can get damaged accidentally.
Our repair centre can fix most devices. It might not be always be economically viable, particularly if the device has been soaked through. (You can put a device into a bag of rice for a while, to try and dry it out and get it working.)
Apple products can be repaired too. Our repair centre is accredited to repair Apple devices. If you've accidentally damaged your iPhone and aren't insured, you can get in touch with us. We can send your device away for repair. If the device is physically damaged, the repair centre may raise a quotation to cover the cost of the repair.
Cracked screens are quite common too. Even if your device was working with a cracked screen before, but has now stopped working, we'll have to repair the screen before checking it for other damage.
If you've got insurance, you can claim for a replacement from your insurance provider. If not, you might want to look for a new device in the BT Shop >
What kind of damage might invalidate my warranty?
- Liquid damage – this can be steam, water or other liquids. Eventually the contacts and the internal electronics will corrode. There are sensors inside devices that show damage from liquids. If these have been activated our repair centre will return the device unrepaired. Some devices are waterproof to a certain extent, but check the specifications carefully.
- Physical damage – this can be obvious, like a cracked screen or case. If you drop a device, the internal electronics might become disconnected. To repair a device, we have to remove the screen. The Repair centre may raise a quotation to cover the cost of the repair.
- Non-approved software or "jail breaking" will invalidate the warranty.
- Repairs by a non-approved 3rd party - if we see evidence of that or non-approved parts we'll send your phone back unrepaired.
- Using non-approved chargers sometimes invalidates the warranty on Apple and Samsung devices.