BT Broadband includes the following security features for all customers: BT Parental Controls helps to protect your family from accessing unsuitable sites providing you both control and.......
BT Broadband includes the following security features for all customers:
BT Parental Controls
BT Parental Controls helps to protect your family from accessing unsuitable sites providing you both control and flexibility while online.
To activate on the 'Light' filter, log in or sign up to My BT, scroll down to "My Extras" and select Turn On on the BT Parental Controls panel.
BT Web Protect
BT Web Protect helps protect you from viruses, scams and phishing attacks by warning you if you're about to visit a potentially harmful website; either at home or out and about using our BT Wi-Fi hotspots. It works on any device in the home that's connected to your BT Hub.
To turn it on, log in or sign up to My BT, scroll down to "My Extras" and select Turn On on the BT Web Protect panel.
- Email anti-virus - scans your email attachments for viruses
- Spam blocker - diverts junk emails to a separate folder
- Anti-spyware protection - scans your computer for spyware and adware
- Pop-up blocker - stops pop-up windows appearing when you browse the internet
BT Virus Protect
BT Virus Protect guards your identity with a warning system to protect you against email phishing scams, protects your information to keep your computer safe from online attacks, and allows you to browse safely and securely with a simple traffic-light system.
It comes with either 2 or 15 licences, and it's free with all broadband packages. This means you can install it on up to 2 or 15 computers or laptops; PCs or Macs. To check which version you get, go to www.btcom.ll-digital-sandbx1.bt.com/mybt >
If you get two licences but want more, you can buy 15-licence BT Virus Protect for just £4 a month, with the first month absolutely free.
BT Virus Protect includes:
- VirusScan - protects you from the latest security threats, including viruses, Trojans, tracking cookies, spyware and adware.
- Personal Firewall - acts as a security barrier against hackers and other online threats, allowing you to access the Internet, but keeping unauthorised intruders locked out.
- SiteAdvisor - warns you before you interact with a dangerous website by checking for threats such as spyware, online scams, and spam.
To download BT Virus Protect:
Log in or sign up to My BT, scroll down to "My Extras" and download from the "BT Virus Protect" panel.