First, check the dongle has installed correctly
To access Network adapters in Windows 7:
- Click on the Start button, then choose Control Panel
- Click on Device Manager
- Click Network adapters
If you can find "BT 802.11ac Wireless USB Adapter" in the Network adapters, the driver is installed successfully.
If the driver BT 802.11ac Wireless USB Adapter is displayed with '!', '?', 'X' symbols, the driver installation has failed. In this case, it's best to uninstall and reinstall the driver software. To do this right-click on "BT 802.11ac Wireless USB Adapter", and then click Update Driver and follow the instructions on the screen.
If the driver update fails, please go to www.btcom.ll-digital-sandbx1.bt.com/acdongleinstall and select the correct driver for your operating system. Just follow the on-screen instructions.
The dongle does not connect to my router
- If you've changed your wireless network name or key settings, you’ll need to reconfigure your computer to reconnect
- Make sure you're in range; try moving closer and try again
- Don't use the dongle in an area where microwave and electric equipment may interfere with the wireless signal
- Try to move the laptop near to your router, which can improve the wireless signal quality
- Thick/concrete walls and ceilings may cause signal to be weak