Vera v SandhagenMar 24 LIVE
Having trouble casting the BT Sport app? Here's everything you need to know on how to fix it
BT Sport is now accessible in more ways, to more fans, than ever before with our large screen app housing all live BT Sport channels, exclusive highlights and full programmes/shows in one place.
BT Sport customers that have recently updated the software on their iOS or Android smartphones may be encountering issues casting live streams from the app to their televisions.
If this is the case, please follow these simple steps to resolve the issue:
1. When you open your app for the first time after updating your software, you will be presented with this message: "BT Sport would like to find and connet to devices on your local network".
2. Simply hit OK to enable casting from your BT Sport app.
3. If you click "Don't Allow" but still want to cast, you will need to go to the BT Sport in your device Settings and switch the permission on.
4. Restart the app to ensure the settings have been saved.
5. You will now be able to cast BT Sport live streams to your TV.
How to cast the BT Sport app to your TV
If you subscribe to the BT Sport app, you can watch it on a big-screen TV using Google Chromecast or Apple TV.
Chromecast plugs into your TV and lets you stream what is on your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
It’s very simple to use. Make sure your phone and Chromecast are connected to the same wi-fi router, then on the BT Sport app tap the screen icon and the app will ‘cast’ what’s on your smartphone to your TV.
If you are casting, be aware that it's only possible to cast the Standard player and not the Enhanced player.
If you're looking to stream the app via an Apple TV, you need to open the live stream on your app and click the square screen icon in the top righthand corner.
From there, you need to select the Apple TV you wish to share the live stream to.
Watch every Premier League TV game on BT TV
With our sport packages offering BT Sport, the NOW Sky Sports Membership and Prime Video, you won't miss a second of the live action.
Don’t forget, BT Sport’s small-screen app brings you an unrivalled viewing experience with the ground-breaking enhanced video player, multi-camera streaming capabilities and 360° live streaming and highlights (on selected events).
The enhanced video player boasts an interactive timeline that allows users to switch between key in-game moments, viewable goal alerts, multi-cam replays, a detailed match engine and much more.
But it's also just the tip of the iceberg, as anyone with a BT Sport subscription and BT ID can access an incredible depth of live sport, exclusive videos and a huge TV catch up library.
What devices is the BT Sport app available on?
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox (One, One S and One X consoles)
- Fire TV
- Android TV
- NOW TV
- Apple TV (Fourth generation devices onwards)
- Roku (streaming players and Roku TV models)
- Samsung Smart TVs (2015 models onwards)
- Google Chromecast (Ultra)
What are the key features of the BT Sport app?
- Watch all five of BT Sport’s live TV channels, plus BT Sport Extra services and BoxNation
- Watch with BT Sport Ultimate in 4K UHD or full HD (1080p up to 50 frames per second)
- Catch up with all BT Sport has to offer thanks to comprehensive highlights and on demand services
How can existing BT Sport customers get the app?
- Existing customers benefit at no additional cost
- Download BT Sport from app stores on the above platforms
- Log in using existing BT ID and password*
How can new BT Sport customers get the app?
- Fans can subscribe to BT Sport directly via BT or EE, not through the large screen platforms themselves (eg iTunes for Apple TV)
- Take a ‘digital’ BT Sport subscription allowing access to BT Sport via the app for large screens, or for mobile and tablet devices.
- Take a BT Sport subscription which allows access via the app for large screens and mobile devices***:
1. Sky TV (BT Sport + BT Broadband or BT Sport without BT Broadband)
2. BT TV (BT TV Starter + BT Broadband)
Check out our deals to find out how you can access the BT Sport app today!
*Not available to BT Sport customers who access BT Sport via an entry-level BT Mobile subscription or EE customers who access BT Sport via an entry-level BT Sport add-on.
**EE Pay Monthly Max plan customers already get free access to the BT Sport app on small screens such as mobiles and tablets. The additional subscription enables access to the large screen app and allows these customers to ‘cast’ BT Sport from their small device to a TV set using a media streaming device such as Google Chromecast.
***BT Sport large screen app not available to Virgin Media customers with BT Sport.