Guardiola plays down "difficult" treble ambitionsMar 31
Champions League draw: Messi v Ronaldo, Man Utd to face PSG, Liverpool will play Ajax with Chelsea and Man City also learning their group stage fate
Premier League sides Liverpool, Man City, Man United and Chelsea learn their fate as the draw for the group stage of the UEFA Champions League is made in Nyon, Switzerland. Watch every match from the 2020/21 tournament exclusively live on BT Sport.
Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo will face off in the group stages of the Champions League for the very first time, after Juventus and Barcelona were drawn together.
Manchester United have been handed a tough draw, facing last year's beaten finalists Paris Saint-Germain, along with RB Leipzig and Istanbul Basaksehir.
Premier League champions and 2019 winners Liverpool are joined by fellow European royalty in Ajax, with last season's surprise package Atalanta and Midtjylland also in Group D.
Manchester City's ongoing pursuit of a maiden crown sees them start with Portuguese champions Porto, Olympiacos and Marseille standing in their way.
Frank Lampard's Chelsea must negotiate a group including last season’s Europa League winners Sevilla, along with Krasnodar and Ligue 1 outfit Rennes.
Join the home of live football today
BT Sport is the only place to watch live Premier League, Champions League, Europa League and much more.
Elsewhere, holders Bayern Munich, who beat PSG to win their sixth title in August, come up against Atletico Madrid with new boy Luis Suarez out for revenge after being part of the Barcelona side mauled 8-2 last season.
Europa League Group Stage
Real Madrid were handed perhaps the toughest Pot 3 draw with Antonio Conte's Inter Milan joining them in Group B and setting up some mouth-watering clashes.
This year’s group stage begins on Tuesday 20 October while the final is on Saturday 29 May at the Ataturk Stadium in Istanbul.
BT Sport – the undisputed home of European football – will once again be with you every step of the way in the 2020/21 season, with exclusive live coverage of every single game from both the Champions League and Europa League on TV and online on btsport.com and the award-winning BT Sport app.
Group stage draw in full:
What are the dates for the 2020/21 Champions League?
Matchday 1: October 20 – October 21
Matchday 2: October 27 – October 28
Matchday 3: November 3 – November 4
Matchday 4: November 24 – November 25
Matchday 5: December 1 – December 2
Matchday 6: December 8 – December 9
Round of 16: February 16 2021 – March 17 2021
Quarter-finals: April 6 2021 – April 14 2021
Semi-finals: April 27 2021 – May 5 2021
Final: May 29 2021
Champions League stats:
- In the history of the Champions League, only one team has failed to qualify for the knockout stages in the season directly after winning the tournament (Chelsea in 2012-13).
- The 2019-20 tournament saw an average of 3.24 goals scored per game (386 goals in 119 games); the most in a single campaign in the history of the competition.
- Man City manager Pep Guardiola last led his team to the trophy in 2010-11 (Barcelona 3-1 Manchester United) – since winning at Wembley that night, he has overseen 53 wins in the competition; 14 more than any other manager (Diego Simeone and Jose Mourinho the next most on 39).
- PSG were first-time finalists last season, while there have been three previous instances of a team winning the tournament after losing in the final in the previous season – AC Milan in 1993-94, Bayern Munich in 2012-13 and Liverpool in 2018-19.
- Robert Lewandowski finished as the top scorer last season with 15 goals – only Cristiano Ronaldo has ever netted more in a single campaign in the competition (17 in 2013-14 and 16 in 2015-16).