The Football's On - Episode 29Jun 7
When and where to watch Fulham vs Man Utd?
Fulham vs Man Utd kicks off at 4.30pm on Sunday 13 November.
You can catch all the action from Craven Cottage on NOW via BT TV.
Join the home of live football today
BT Sport is the only place to watch live Premier League, Champions League, Europa League and much more.
Fulham vs Man Utd match preview
Fulham and Manchester United will both be looking to get back on track after defeats last weekend.
The Cottagers won't want to lose to the other half of Manchester after suffering injury-time heartbreak last time out against Man City.
United's shock defeat to Unai Emery's Aston Villa brought an end to a run of good form.
Erik ten Hag will be hoping to banish that bad memory before the World Cup and return to winning ways for the second half of the season.
This is the last match of the weekend before the Premier League returns on Boxing Day, so it will be intriguing to see if players can keep their focus and show full commitment knowing they'll soon be on a plane to Qatar to represent their countries.
Fulham vs Man Utd predicted lineups
Fulham: (4-2-3-1) Leno; De Cordova-Reid, Tosin, Ream, Robinson, Cairney, Palhinha, Wilson, Pereira, Willian, Mitrovic.
Man Utd: (4-2-3-1) De Gea; Dalot, Lindelof, Martinez, Shaw, Casemiro, Eriksen, Rashford, Martial, Garnacho, Ronaldo.
Fulham vs Man Utd: Injuries and suspensions
Fulham face suspension issues, with both Harrison Reed and Kenny Tete picking up their fifth yellow cards of the season against Manchester City last weekend.
However, Bobby De Cordova-Reid returns from his suspension after missing out at the Etihad.
Midfielder Neeskens Kebano suffered a ruptured achilles in training last week and is expected to be out of action for several months.
Top goalscorer Aleksandar Mitrovic was a big miss for Fulham last weekend, with the Serbian international feeling pain in his ankle.
Mitrovic's return to the side is being managed and Marco Silva would love to see him in the starting line-up for Fulham before he departs for the World Cup.
Bruno Fernandes is back in contention after missing the Villa match through suspension and Jadon Sancho could get a game after recovering from illness.
Antony should've recovered from a hip injury in time to make the squad, but might not be risked with the World Cup around the corner.
Form (last 6 matches)
Fulham – LDWWDL
Man Utd – WDWDWL
Fulham vs Man Utd: Form guide
Both sides were on good runs of form until they suffered disappointing defeats at the weekend.
For Fulham, a loss at the Etihad was perhaps not such a big surprise. But once the hosts were reduced to ten men before the half-hour mark and the resulting penalty levelled the scores, Silva would've hoped his side could hold out for at least a point.
As it turned out, Erling Haaland came off the bench to score the winner and claim all three points for City.
Going into the weekend's fixtures, Fulham sit 9th in the table. A top-half position going into the World Cup break represents excellent work from Portuguese manager and his players, but they need to be careful not to start sliding down the league.
Man United had secured 11 points from a possible 15 going into last weekend's match at Villa Park.
They'd have hoped to take advantage of the short space of time new manager Unai Emery had to work with his players since arriving from Villarreal, but the ex-Arsenal boss recorded his first win in his first match at his new club.
Ten Hag will hope that result was just a blip and that they can return to winning ways in their challenge to secure a top four place.
Fulham vs Man Utd: Last time they met
These two last met in May 2021, playing out a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.
Edinson Cavani gave the hosts the lead with stunning long-range lob, but already-relegated Fulham salvaged a point in the second half through Joe Bryan.
The last time United travelled to Craven Cottage was in January 2021.
The matched ended 2-1 to the visitors, with goals from Cavani and Paul Pogba, after Fulham had taken an early lead through Ademola Lookman.
The win put United at the top of the table - two points ahead of Man City, who had a game in hand.
He said what?!
Erik ten Hag on his options for the captain role at Manchester United:
"Harry Maguire is on the bench, our captain Bruno is not available, then it is about David de Gea. He is a leader but the goalkeeper is far away from the outfield. Casemiro is the leader but Casemiro is not speaking 100 per cent perfect English.
"So Cristiano [Ronaldo] is a leader, especially he is the leader of the team, so he is the man, it is clear."
Fulham vs Man Utd: Players to watch
There's likely to be lots of World Cup talent on display in the final Premier League match before the winter tournament.
Whether they'll have one eye on Qatar and trying not to get injured is yet to be seen, but this is a final opportunity for players to impress before boarding the plane.
For Fulham, Mitrovic, if passed fit, is set to star for Serbia, while defender Antonee Robinson could play against the Three Lions and Wales for the USA in Group B.
Harry Wilson and Daniel James will both be representing the Welsh Dragons, with Palhinha turning out for Portugal.
United's own Portuguese superstar Ronaldo will try and steal the show in Qatar, alongside team-mates Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot, while Casemiro and Antony will be wearing Brazil's famous yellow shirt.
Luke Shaw, Harry Maguire and Marcus Rashford will be representing England, Christian Eriksen makes an emotional return to the Danish World Cup squad after suffering a heart attack on the pitch during last year's Euros, and Lisandro Martinez will be hoping for World Cup glory with Argentina.
Fulham vs Man Utd: Key stats
- Fulham have won just two of their last 25 Premier League games against Man Utd (D5 L18), and are winless in 13 against them since picking up back-to-back victories in 2009.
- Manchester United have lost just one of their last 18 Premier League games against promoted sides (W11 D6), going down 4-1 at Watford in November last season.
- Fulham have lost just one of their seven Premier League home games this season (W3 D3). They've already earned more points (12), won more games (3), and scored more goals (13) at Craven Cottage this season than they did in the entirety of their last Premier League campaign (10 points, 2 wins, 9 goals).
- Coming into this weekend's games, only the top three of Arsenal, Manchester City and Newcastle have kept more Premier League clean sheets than Manchester United this season (5). However, the Red Devils have conceded 19 goals, the most of any side in the top eight at the start of the weekend.
- Manchester United have lost 11 Premier League games in 2022, their most in a single calendar year in the competition. They last lost more league games in a single year back in 1990 (12).
- Fulham have scored more cross-assisted goals than any other side in the Premier League this season (9), with striker Aleksandar Mitrovic having more headed shots than any other player so far this term (21).
- Fulham's Andreas Pereira has created 14 chances for Aleksandar Mitrovic in the Premier League this season, more than any player has for a teammate in the competition so far this term.
- Bruno Fernandes could make his 100th Premier League appearance in this game. He has 38 goals and 26 assists in his 99 games so far, with only three players being involved in more goals in their first 100 for Manchester United in the Premier League – Eric Cantona (84), Ruud van Nistelrooy (78) and Dwight Yorke (66, in 96 games).