UFC Fight Camp - Jose Aldo retiresSep 22
Open Mat Awards 2020 - Find out how to cast your vote on the best of the year's action
Find out how you can get involved to help crown the best male and female fighters of 2020 on Open Mat's inaugural awards show.
Phew! As an exhausting year comes to a close, BT Sport's Open Mat takes a look back at some of the finest moments inside the Octagon over the the past 12 months.
Undeterred by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the UFC blazed the trail for sports organisations across the globe when it returned in May, setting an example on how to continue operating safely and consistently throughout.
Despite the logistical nightmare caused by current circumstances, fight fans were treated to one of the finest years of mixed martial arts in recent memory as new champions were crowned and new superstars emerged.
In recognition of a brilliant year inside the Octagon, Open Mat will return for an unmissable awards show as Dan Hardy is joined by Adam Catterall, Nick Peet and a host of special guests to discuss all things UFC throughout 2020 - and you can get involved too!
Four of the Open Mat UFC Awards 2020 will be decided by your votes, beginning this week over at the BT Sport UFC Twitter page.
The awards, and nominees, are as follows:
Male Fighter of the Year 2020
Female Fighter of the Year 2020
Knockout of the Year 2020
Performance of the Year 2020
Tony Ferguson v Justin Gaethje - UFC 249
Israel Adesanya v Paulo Costa - UFC 253
Khabib Nurmagomedov v Justin Gaethje - UFC 254
Dominick Reyes v Jan Blachowicz - UFC 253
Terms and Conditions
1. Voting will commence at midday on the BT Sport UFC Twitter account @btsportufc on Tuesday 15th December.
1a. The timings for the votes are as follows:
12pm - Knockout of the Year
2pm - Male Fighter of the Year
4pm - Female Fighter of the Year
6pm - Performance of the Year
2. Twitter polls will be closed 24 hours after publication.
3. The voting process is open to anyone with a Twitter account. Only one entry [per account].
4. The decision of the Twitter poll is final. In the rare event of a tie, the final vote will be decided by the Open Mat Awards Show panel.
5. This promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
6. The Promoter is British Telecommunications plc, 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ. Registered in England No. 18000000.
7. By voting on these polls, you agree and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter.